Making Your Email Look Legitimate
If your promotional emails look like spam, theres a chance your bulk email campaign will go straight into the spam folder. We all know what a typical spam email looks like: fuzzy images, strange links and incoherent wording. In other words, unprofessional and messy.
Here are a few tips:
- Don’t use suspicious links and attachments. Always send content from reputable sources, and avoid shortened links. Avoid attachments as much as possible, unless you know the recipient is expecting it and you are a trusted sender.
- Invest in good design. A modern layout, well-placed text and images all go towards making your email look more genuine.
- Avoid spelling mistakes. Obvious spelling or grammar errors are a sure-fire way of having your recipient doubt the validity of the email. Spell Checker tools like Grammarly are free and so worth the download to avoid pesky mistakes.
- Provide a plain-text version. Spam filters prefer when an email has a plain-text version available. Some recipients prefer this, and some organizations will only allow plain-text emails through their filters. Most email marketing tools allow you to quickly create plain text versions of HTML emails, so its a no brainer.
Most email software tools allow you to review your email with previews in the major email clients inboxes, such as Yahoo, Googles Gmail, and Microsofts Hotmail or Outlook. This helps you ensure your email comes across as attractive and professional for as many recipients as possible.
How To Hide Email Addresses In A Distribution List
While hiding email addresses using popular email clients, such as Outlook, Gmail, and Yahoo isnt difficult, its still not preferred over an email marketing platform. These providers dont give you ability to segment, report, or automate, which will prove to be a detriment to your brand down the road.
With that said, here are some quick ways to hide emails addresses in a distribution list.
How To Send A Mass Email And Hide Recipients In Outlook With The Undisclosed Recipients Feature:
Compose an email and add undisclosed recipients to the to field. Go to contacts, choose home, and click new contact. Type the words undisclosed recipients in the full name textbox Nov 09, 2017 · now, unlike the antiquated mail merges of days past, gmail mail merge allows you to send email to multiple recipients without them seeing each other gmail with half the headache. Dec 07, 2020 · create a new contact in the address book and enter undisclosed recipients in the full name box. Step 4 compose the subject and text of your email message and click send to send your message. How to send a mass email and hide recipients in outlook with the undisclosed recipients feature: There are two ways you can do that: Send the email to yourself under the name undisclosed recipients so that everyone knows the message was sent to multiple people. Enter additional email addresses in the bcc field.
Don’t Miss: Mail Worldsecureemail
Emailing Undisclosed Recipients In Gmail And Outlook
If you send emails to a group of people who don’t know each other, you might like to learn how to send an email to multiple recipients without them knowing.
Keeping a recipients email address hidden or private is commonly known as emailing to undisclosed recipients.
A good example could be when you are sending your clients a company newsletter or invites to a company event.
If they dont know each other you could upset a few people if you share their private email information without their prior agreement.
How To Create An Undisclosed Recipients Contact
To create a contact that appears in the To field of an email message and hides the recipients’ contact information, open Outlook and follow these instructions:
Go to the Home tab and, in the Find group, select Address Book.
In the New Entry dialog box, select New Contact.
In the Full Name text box, enter Undisclosed Recipients.
In the Email text box, enter your email address.
Select Save & Close.
If you have an existing address book entry that uses your email address, the Duplicate Contact Detected dialog box appears. Select Add new contact, then choose Add.
Close the Address Book.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Into An Old Email Account
Using A Reputable Email Marketing Tool
Good email automation platform help you avoid many of the pitfalls associated with bulk email sends. From checklists that you can use to review your email content, to easy personalization and segmentation tools.
With an established email marketing platform, you get the advantage of being able to use a relevant sender address, either directly linked to your domain or including it. This helps you with the recognizability and credibility of your email.
IP addresses are included in emails from marketing platforms, almost like a return to sender address. Email clients use your IP address as a way to gauge your reputability. Many platforms offer both shared IP addresses , or if you send a lot of bulk emails, you can have a dedicated IP address.
If you are frequently sending a high-volume of bulk emails, you may also require a dedicated IP address. Your email tool will guide you through this, and will be able to suggest a plan that works for your email strategy.
Watch Out For Spam Traps
You may have collected a spam trap without realizing it. They are email addresses that dont go to a real contact, and therefore bring up your hard bounce rates and drop deliverability scores. Spam traps take many forms but are most often fake addresses created to avoid being emailed.
You can avoid this by validating email addresses. This is where you seek out bad data, inactive or non-existent email addresses and remove them.
Also Check: How To Unarchive Outlook
It Increases Your Conversion Rates
It increases your conversion rates
Tracking emails increase your conversion rates by helping you to focus on positive prospects.
It takes a longer time to convert a prospect that is not interested in what you are offering but a shorter time to convert an interested prospect.
When you track your emails, it helps you to focus on leads that are interested in what you are offering and convert them to customers in a relatively short time.
Do Your Contacts Really Want Your Email
The easy way to avoid ending up in a spam folder, or worse, on a blacklist, is to ensure your contacts want to receive your email in the first place.
The best way to do this is with a double opt-in method. This is where you send an email to a contact after theyve signed up to your email list, and ask them to confirm that they want to receive emails from you.
This isnt required, though, and single opt-in is still a valid method, as long as you have permission to contact them.
Building lists yourself organically is the best way to avoid high bounce rates, end up in a blacklist or receiving spam complaints.
Tip: Check if your email marketing is affected by Europes GDPR or the Canadian Can-spam act, as there can be hefty fines for non-compliance.
Recommended Reading: How To Print Email
How To Hide Email Addresses When Sending To Multiple Recipients In Outlook 2013
Walter Glenn is a former Editorial Director for How-To Geek and its sister sites. He has more than 30 years of experience in the computer industry and over 20 years as a technical writer and editor. He’s written hundreds of articles for How-To Geek and edited thousands. He’s authored or co-authored over 30 computer-related books in more than a dozen languages for publishers like Microsoft Press, O’Reilly, and Osborne/McGraw-Hill. He’s also written hundreds of white papers, articles, user manuals, and courseware over the years.Read more…
When you send email to multiple recipients , its better not to display everyones email address. Heres how to get that done in Outlook.
When you send email to multiple recipients, you have a few options for entering their email addresses. You can put multiple addresses in the To or Cc fields, but then those addresses are visible to everyone receiving the email. This is okay if its a small group where everybody knows each other, but if youre sending out a message to a larger groupor one where people may not know one anotherits not such a good idea. Some might get upset if their email address gets shared with people they dont know. This is where the Bcc field and a contact named Undisclosed Recipients come in.
May 21 2021 To Send An Email To Multiple Recipients In Which Every Recipient Will Not See The Names And Email Addresses Of Other Recipients You Have To Use A Blind Carbon Copy / Bcc Field
You can separate multiple addresses by using a comma, adding a space, or pressing the enter key. But before you get your fingers dirty on it Type the words undisclosed recipients in the full name textbox Nov 09, 2017 · now, unlike the antiquated mail merges of days past, gmail mail merge allows you to send email to multiple recipients without them seeing each other gmail with half the headache. How to send multiple emails to multiple recipients? Dec 15, 2020 · enter all the recipients’ email addresses in the bcc: In the popping up contact dialog box, you need to: Dec 07, 2020 · create a new contact in the address book and enter undisclosed recipients in the full name box. Nov 18, 2019 · in the bcc field that appears, type the email addresses of the recipients who will be hidden. Enter additional email addresses in the bcc field.
Read Also: How Do I Get My Email Back
Why You Shouldnt Send Mass Emails In Outlook
Unlike dedicated email marketing services, Outlook isnt designed for sending mass emails. Use it for this purpose and youll be quickly frustrated by the following factors:
- A daily email limit: like most Internet Service Providers , Outlook limits the number of emails you can send per day to 300
- Lack of email design features such as email templates and coding resources. Its not easy to create beautiful branded emails.
- No way of previewing the email on different devices before sending.
- No reporting or analytics features to see how campaigns perform
- Mass emails sent from Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo, etc. are often flagged as spam by both other ISPs and email recipients. Spam reports impact your sender reputation and youll be less likely to reach your recipients inboxes in the future as a form of protection for them.
- An unprofessional sender address along with a high number of spam reports can get you blacklisted when sending through Outlook. This means your mail server IP address is more likely to be rejected by all other servers and become unable to send more emails.
Why Automation Is The Key To Success
Automating your mass emails has several benefits:
You only have to set up the automation once and it will run without you having to interfere with it
You are less likely to make mistakes because you avoid any manual work
You can send hundreds of emails a week
Every email will be personalized based on the data you provide
You can further expand the automation by adding email sequences to send new emails a week from now, two weeks from now or at any time in the future
You can also start testing different versions of a single email to understand which version results in the highest revenue or conversion rate
As you can see, automation will help you to take your company to the next level while also cutting out a lot of manual work. In the end, its one of the most efficient ways of cutting hours while also increasing results.
Also Check: Mass Delete Email On Iphone
How To Send Multiple Emails To Multiple Recipients
Set the name undisclosed recipient for the address you want to use for bulk emails as sender. Enter additional email addresses in the bcc field. In the popping up contact dialog box, you need to: How to send multiple emails to multiple recipients? Type the words undisclosed recipients in the full name textbox But before you get your fingers dirty on it Dec 07, 2020 · create a new contact in the address book and enter undisclosed recipients in the full name box. Dec 15, 2020 · enter all the recipients’ email addresses in the bcc: Field so that they’re hidden from each other. How do i hide recipients from email that i send?
Benefits Of Using Mail Merge Feature:
- Personalized Emails: With the mail merge feature, you can customize every single email for multiple recipients using mail merge fields. This gives a personal touch. Sending a personalized email increases the email open, read and reply rate. It will definitely boost the performance of your outgoing mail.
- Automated Follow-ups: When you send emails, there are some goals its not just send it and forget it. You would definitely follow up with them. Being consistent with communication has always closed more deals. Sending automated personalized follow-up emails to multiple receipts with increase the reply rate of your campaign. Dont know how to follow-up? Check this guide about writing a followup email that gets a response.
- Tracking and Analysis: The email automation tool comes with the greatest of advantage and that is tracking and analyzing the performance of your campaigns. You will be notified as soon as any of the recipients opens or replies to your email. This enables you to approach them when you have caught their attention.
- Privacy: This tool covers the loopholes of the BCC feature. It protects the information of the multiple recipients and sends your message across strongly.
Recommended Reading: How To Retrieve An Old Email Account
How Do I Send An Email To A Group And Hide The Recipients In Outlook
How to Send Same Email to Multiple Recipients Separately in Outlook
Are You Considering Passing On A Warning About A Dangerous Virus Or Posting Scam
Many people have figured out how to send an email to many email addresses with a or use the To button to add lots of addresses in the To or Cc fields.
However if you think about it, any one of those recipients can click Reply to All and instantly send an email to a ready made mailing list. The giving away of everyones email address to all and sundry could be considered as bad manners and if any one of those recipients was a little unscrupulous might even harvest those email addresses for other purposes such as SPAM.
It would only take one of the recipients to have a computer infected with Malware or a Trojan virus and hey presto all email addresses could be harvested for lots of annoying SPAM or online threats.
Also Check: How To Get Your Old Email Back