How To Send Messages To A Group In Mail On Iphone Or Ipad
Khamosh Pathak is a freelance technology writer who specializes in tutorials. His work has also been published on Lifehacker, iPhoneHacks, Zapier’s blog, MakeUseOf, and Guiding Tech. Khamosh has nearly a decade of experience writing how-tos, features and technology guides on the internet. Read more…
Frequently emailing the same group of people can get tiresome after a while. You can save a couple of taps by setting up a contact group and using it as a faster way to send messages to multiple people.
How To Send Email To A Group In Gmail Without Showing Recipients
When sending group emails on Gmail, without the proper settings, all list members will see the address of every other person in the group. This might not sit well with people who are conscious about their privacy. So, if you are wondering how to send email to a group in Gmail without showing recipients, here is how you can do this.
- After that, select the bcc field. If you can’t find the bcc option, you can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+B or Command+Shift+B to display the Bcc field.
- Once done, you can add recipient emails by group or individually and then send.
Send An Email Using The Email List In Gmail
Now that you have a list created and labeled, go to your Gmail inbox to send an email to the whole group of contacts.
Once the page loads, hover the mouse cursor over the Plus icon and click the Compose button when it appears to start a new email.
From the New Message window, start to type the name you gave the label and then click on the suggestion when it appears below the text field.
After you select the label, fill out the email and then click the Send button when you finish to send it to everyone in the group list.
While you could use this for running a small business or marketing campaign, your free Google account only allows for up to 500 sent and received emails per day. If you reach this limit within a 24-hour period, you might get an error message notifying you of your overage.
Also Check: How To Unarchive An Email In Outlook
How To Send A Group Email Using Outlook
- Now when you compose a New Email, mention the name of the group that you have created
- Outlook will add all the members in that group as the Recipients of your group Email
- Click on Send and your email will be sent to all the members of the group
Note: If you are using any different version of Outlook, the basic steps we have written will be the same.
What Are Email Groups
Note: This section is only for people unfamiliar with Gmail and Google Groups. Feel free to skip ahead to the walkthrough on using Gmail groups.
An email group is a collection of email accounts to which you send emails. When a group owner sends an email to an email group, all the email contacts in that group label will receive the same email.
Creating groups in Gmail is one of the quickest ways to send multiple emails.Instead of manually adding multiple recipients, youre directly adding the contact group label to your email address field instead.
But is a Gmail group different from a Google Group?Yes!
A Google Group is basically a discussion group for multiple people with similar interests.
Each Google Group has a group email account and a single, shared inbox.Additionally, you can use the group settings to set a Google Groups group type as:
- Email List: for sending emails to/from a single email ID.
- Q& A Forum: for asking or answering questions.
- Web Forum: for community members with similar interests.
- Collaborative Inbox: to assign topics for each group member and track them.
Unlike Google Groups, a Gmail group is only a Gmail distribution list its a collection of email addresses. It doesnt have a common group account ID, group type, or collaborative inbox.
Now that you know what email groups are, Ill show you how to use them in Gmail:
Don’t Miss: How Do I Get Into An Old Email Account
Instructions For Classic Outlook On The Web
Open Outlook on the web.
In the left pane, next to Groups, select the + button.
Note: If you don’t see Groups in the left pane, your organization may not have turned on Groups.
Fill out the group information.
Group name: Create a name that captures the spirit of the group.
Once you enter a name, a suggested email address is provided. “Not available” means the group name is already in use and you should try a different name. Note that once you choose a group name, it cannot be changed.
Description: Optionally, enter a description that will help others understand the group’s purpose. This description will be included in the welcome email when others join the group.
Privacy: By default, groups are created as Private. This means only approved members in your organization can see what’s inside the group. Anyone else in your organization who is not approved cannot see what’s in the group.
Select Public to create a group where anyone within your organization can view its content and become a member.
Select Private to create a group where membership requires approval and only members can view group content.
Classification: Choose a classification. Options available depend on what your organization has set up.
Send all group conversations and events to members’ inboxes Optionally, check this box to enable members to see all group conversations and events in their inbox without having to visit separate group workspaces. Members can change this setting for their own mailboxes.
Benefits Of Creating A Mailing List In Outlook
- Group emailing is time-efficient
- Easily segregate your contacts based upon your use cases
- You can import and export this contact list whenever you want
- Prevent yourself from mixing your audience by making a list
- With all the groups right in front of you, you can prioritize which one to send an email
Recommended Reading: How To Email Large Mp4 Files
Send Updates To Friends And Family
Email groups in Gmail are perfect for staying in touch with friends and family members regularlyespecially those who arent on Facebook.
You can create an email group for your close family, extended family, and one for your close friends. Simply create a gmail distribution list for each, and compose emails to that Gmail group. Its a superb way to share photos and updates with each other.
With three-quarters of Gmail users accessing emails on their mobile, this means your friends and family can catch up with you wherever they are.
Gmail Group Emails: Add And Remove Recipients
If you want to add contacts to a created Gmail group, proceed like this:
If one of your Gmail contacts has multiple email addresses, only their default email address will be added to the desired group. You can change this entry for a contact at any time using the pencil icon.
If you want to delete a contact from a group, proceed as follows:
Recommended Reading: Mass Delete Email On Iphone
Why Copy Email Addresses From The Notes Field
In case you are wondering about this, the complicated step of going to the Notes Field, typing in the email addresses, copying them and pasting them to the email field is pretty much required.
The Email Field does not allow typing of the special characters and these characters are required to create a Contact Group.
Save Time Sending Emails With Gmail Labels
As you can see, creating labels for your new contact group will save you time and money. Youll never miss important people out of a discussion, nor have to remember each individual person who needs to be looped in on an update. Email groups handle all of that for you.
Start by creating the labels themselves, adding people from your contacts list, and using the label name in the to field of any future emails.
Youll soon start to see how much time youve wasted by typing email addresses separately!
You May Like: My Emails Are Not Updating
How To Create An Email Group In Gmail A Guide
With a Gmail email group, you can send the same email to multiple recipients at once and dont have to type in all the email addresses individually. How exactly this works, you will learn in this article with step-by-step instructions.
Register great TLDs for less than $1 for the first year.
Why wait? Grab your favorite domain name today!
How To Send An Email To A Contact Group In Outlook
Heres how to send emails to an email group with multiple people youve created on Outlook:
On Outlook, open a new email message and type in the body and subject. In the To field, instead of typing in mail addresses, start typing the group ID.
When the prompt appears, click on it and hit Send your email will be on its way to members inboxes.
Thats all you need to do to send group emails to a contact group on Outlook.
Now that weve seen how you can send group emails to your Outlook distribution list, lets see how a group owner can edit the contact list.
Don’t Miss: How To Find Out My Icloud Email Address
Send Group Email On Iphone
Now that you have created a Contact Group , follow the steps below to send a message to everyone in this Contact Group.
1. Open the Contacts app on your iPhone or iPad
2. Next, locate the New Contact Group that you just created using above steps and tap on it .
3. Tapping on the Contact Group will take you to the New Contacts Profile page. Now, Tap on the email field
4. You will now be redirected to the Mail app The To: field will be filled with the email addresses of everyone in the Contact Group and the From: field will also be automatically filled up
5. Add your message and send the Group Email to the New Contact Group.
When you send the email, it will go to everyone listed in the Email Field of the New Contact Group.
Cons Of Using The Conventional Method:
- You do not get any behavioral data of the recipients, which are at times critical to track to ensure meaningful engagement, like email open tracking and link-click and reply notifications.
- One also cannot set-up an automated follow-up sequence of emails to the email campaign sent, which is very crucial at times to ensure a higher response rate from the email campaigns.
We have also covered how you can set up automated follow-up emails to these group email campaigns in a previous blog which you can refer, in case you want to set these up to improve the response rate of your email campaigns or increase the productivity of the internal team communication.
Next, we have shared two frequently asked questions that email users get while creating a group email in Gmail.
Recommended Reading: Emails Not Updating
How To Send A Group Email In Gmail
Creating a Gmail group allows you to send emails to multiple people without adding each Google account or group member individually.
However, the group email Gmail approach isnt as picture-perfect as it seems its a tiring process, and you cant personalize emails or follow up effortlessly. Thats why Ill also highlight a simpler, more powerful alternative for group mailing.
Why You Should Use Gmass To Send Emails
Here are seven more reasons why you should use GMass to send your emails:
- Automatically personalize your bulk emails, including their subject line, paragraphs, links, images, attachments, and more.
- Create sequences to send out automated follow-up emails to group members directly from your inbox. You can easily customize these automatic follow-up emails, the time gap between them, the number of follow-ups to send, and more.
- Analyze your group email performance using detailed email analytics reports generated in your Gmail inbox.
- Email scheduling lets you schedule your emails to automatically go out at the right time so that they reach your group members when theyre most likely to engage with you.
- Send behavior-based email campaigns automatically customized to how group members responded to your previous emails.
- Save any email you send group members as a template so you can reuse them at any time for your future mails.
- Access GMass powerful capabilities on your smartphone through the GMass add-on for the Gmail app on Android.
To start using GMass for free, simply and sign up using your Gmail account.
Also Check: What Does Cc Mean In Email Example
Send Group Emails Using Google Groups
Do you remember Google Groups?
If you dont I dont blame you.
Google Groups was one of Googles most popular products until 2010. After that, it slowly faded away as users got interested in other platforms.
But unlike many other dormant products, Google hasnt killed Groups yet.
You can still use it for free if you have a Gmail account.
One of the many benefits of Google Groups is that you can instantly send emails to thousands of people without typing their email addresses individually.
The only condition here is that all your recipients must join your Google Group before they can get your emails.
Heres how you can send Group emails using Google Groups.
Step#1: Sign in to your Google account.Step#2: Go to Step#3: Click on Create Group to start a new group.
Step#4: Give your group a name, a unique email address, and a brief description. Your email address has to be unique and since there are so many groups, you might need to choose a long email address.
Step#5: Click Next.Step#6: In this step, you need to configure the privacy settings of your group. Since you want to use this group as an email list for one-way communication, I suggest using the following settings . Keep the posting rights to yourself so that only you can send emails to the group. Also, make sure its a private group thats not publicly searchable and can only be joined through a private invitation.
Step#13: Enable the Advanced Settings option on the top-right corner of your screen.
Short Guide: Create Email Group In Gmail
Also Check: Mail Not Updating