Block Emails On Gmail Using The Smartphone App
If you prefer to use the Android or iOS app to block emails on Gmail, follow these instructions instead:
What Are Unwanted Emails
Before we try to remove them from our inbox, lets learn more about the most common types of unwanted emails:
- Spam emails: Also known as junk mail, most spam messages are sent in bulk to a list of subscribers, usually for promotional purposes.
- Forced or accidental subscriptions: When using a new app or website, the service may use certain tactics to confuse you into agreeing to receive messages from them.
- Phishing emails: These malicious messages pretend to be marketing emails but contain software capable of stealthily installing themselves on your device. The malicious software can then spy on your activities and even gather personal information about you. This can later be used for particular online crimes, including identity theft.
- Emails with no sender: Known to iOs users as ghost emails, these no sender and no subject emails may actually be a result of a system glitch.
- Unwanted personal communications: These are messages sent to you by someone you personally know, of which you have no intention of replying to. Maybe its an acquaintance asking for a loan or a past lover still trying to reach out. Either way, theyre cluttering up your inbox.
All-in-one security software.
How To Block An Email Address In Outlook On An Android Device
Managing your emails through the Outlook app on an Android device is a portable blessing that goes a long way. However, you cant directly block an email address in Outlook on an Android device. But luckily, there is a workaround for this using a desktop.
The first one is by using a Windows PC. You need to:
These steps will block the sender from sending you any more spam emails, and they also will not show on your Android device.
The second workaround is by using a Mac. You need to:
Although you used a Mac to block the sender, the sender wont show up on your Outlook when you use your iPhone device.
Read Also: How Do I Recover Deleted Emails From Gmail
How Do I Report A Spam Text Message
To report a conversation as spam, block the sender then move to your Spam folder via an Android device:
1. Open Messages.
2. Tap and long-press the conversation you wish to report.
3. Tap Block, Report spam, then OK.
Alternatively, you can open the conversation, then report it as spam by:
1. Tapping on the three-dotted More menu icon.
2. Tap on Details, Block and report spam, Report spam, then OK.
The contact will be reported as spam, then the message will be sent to your Spam and blocked folder. You can also report spam without blocking the contact.
To report spam or junk message in the iMessage app on iPhone:
You have the option to report any Messages that look like junk or spam. If you receive a text message from someone who is not saved to your Contacts, there will be a Report Junk link beneath the message:
1. Tap on Report Junk
2. Tap on Delete and Report Junk.
As well as remove the message from your device, doing so will deliver the senders information to Apple. However, doing this will not prevent the same sender from sending other messages to you. Youll need to block the contact.
How To Block Emails In Yahoo Mail On An Iphone
1. Open the Safari app and go to mail.yahoo.com. If necessary, log in with your Yahoo mail username and password.
2. The mobile version of the Yahoo Mail site doesn’t include blocking, so if you want to do this on the phone, you’ll need to display the desktop site on the phone. Given the small size of the iPhone’s screen, it’s easier to do this on a desktop computer, but if you don’t have one handy, you can do it this way on the phone. Tap and hold the refresh button in the web address box at the top of the screen. When the menu pops up, tap “Request Desktop Site.”
3. After the page refreshes and you see the desktop version of Yahoo Mail, open an email from the person you want to block.
4. Tap the three-dot menu at the top of the browser window and tap “Block Senders.”
5. In the Block senders window, confirm that this is what you want to do.
Also Check: Can I Restore Deleted Emails From Gmail
How To Block Emails On Mailcom
Blocking email addresses on Mail.com can be done by creating a blacklist. Heres how to manage your blacklist on Mail.com:
Unsubscribe From Mass Emails
If you signed up on a site that sends lots of emails, like promotions or newsletters, you can use the unsubscribe link to stop getting these emails.
Tip: It may take a few days for the emails to stop after you unsubscribe.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Your Old Email Account Back
Blocking Email Versus The Spam Folder
You said the email is coming repeatedly to my junk email box. That may be exactly what blocking email means to your email program: When email from this sender arrives, put it in the junk folder.
Thats one definition of what it means to block email.
If thats the way your email program works, its working exactly as it should.
How To Block Emails In Your Iphone Or Ipad’s Mail App
The default Mail app on iPhone and iPad lets you access all your email accounts in one place, even if they’re managed by different providers. And when you block an email address from this Mail app, it’ll block it for every one of your connected email addresses.
1. In the Mail app, open an email from the person you want to block.
2. At the top of the email, tap the sender’s name to make it blue, and then tap it again.
3. A contact page for them will appear. Tap Block this Contact, and then tap it again when it asks you to confirm.
Now you’ll need to set it so these blocked emails don’t stay in your inbox.
4. Open the Settings app and scroll down to tap Mail.
5. Tap Blocked Sender Options, and select Move to Trash on the page that opens.
Now any email you get from a blocked email address will be automatically deleted.
Also Check: How Do I Access Archived Emails In Outlook
How Do You Block An Email Address In Outlook Web App
In the Outlook web app, you can block any email sender directly from the message they sent or by adding them to your blocked sender list.
Here is how to block a specific email address on Outlook web:
Block Senders In Mail On Mac
If you dont want to receive email messages from a specific person or group, you can block them. If you change your mind later, you can easily unblock them.
In the Mail app on your Mac, select a message from the sender you want to block.
Move the pointer next to their name in the message header, click the arrow, then choose Block Contact.
The Blocked icon appears next to the senders name in the message list and a banner is added to their messages to indicate theyre blocked. The banner also provides a link to the Blocked pane in Mail preferences where you can manage blocked senders.
Recommended Reading: How To Access Deleted Gmail Emails
Here Is How To Unsubscribe From Mass Emails:
Step 1: Open the Gmail app on your Android phone or tablet.
Step 2: Now open an email from the sender you want to unsubscribe from.
Step 3: At the bottom of the message, tap Unsubscribe or Change preferences. If you don’t see these options, the sender didn’t give the information required for unsubscribing. Instead, you can follow the steps above to block the sender or mark the message as spam.
Note: It may take a few days for the mailing list to stop sending you messages after you unsubscribe.
Blocking Someone Will Stop Their Email Coming To Your Inbox Check Here The Step
Microsoft Outlook is an email software set up that allows users to send and receive email on their devices. Microsoft Outlook is available as a part of the Microsoft Office package. It is also available separately.
Blocking someone will stop their email from coming to your Inbox. Check here the step-by-step guide to block someone in Outlook.
Recommended Reading: How To Find Email In Archive
How To Stop Spam Emails In General
Given how much we all use the internet nowadays, unfortunately, its very tricky to totally rid your inbox of spam email forever. But there are ways to limit how much of it gets through.
Firstly, if you notice that a spam email has gotten through to your inbox, click on the options for that email and mark it as spam, or send it to your Junk folder, so that your email provider begins to recognise those more inconspicuous messages as spam emails.
Another important thing to do , is to ensure you dont open the email, or respond to it. And especially do not open any links, pictures, or otherwise within the email the spammer could be trying to steal personal information.
How To Block An Email Address In Outlook On An Iphone
Many professionals prefer to check their Outlook accounts when theyre on the go with their iPhones. Unfortunately, you can still receive spam emails on your mobile Outlook account, and blocking unwanted email addresses is not as straightforward on an iPhone as it is on the Mac.
You can block unrecognized email senders using the following steps:
Your iPhone will move all emails from the sender to the trash folder, leaving your Outlook inbox clean and safe from unwanted emails from the blocked sender.
You May Like: How Do I Recover Deleted Emails From Gmail
How To Block Someone On Gmail
Don’t let unwanted emails clutter your Gmail Inbox. Block emails so that Gmail sends those messages to your Spam folder. If you use several email services and find unwanted messages in all your accounts, use Clean Email to block emails on Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, and other services.
Take control of your mailbox
Gmail Users Can Now Block Specific Email Addresses With Just Two Clicks
In the top right hand corner of a message, click the drop-down menu button , and select “block.”
Any future messages from the blocked addresses will land in the spam folder.
Change your mind and want to unblock them? Go to the Settings page and add them back into your good graces.
Google released the new feature for its desktop Gmail site on Tuesday and will add it to the Android app over the next week.
Previously, users had to create a Gmail filter to sort unwanted emails out of their inbox.
In addition to the block option, Google also made it easier to unsubscribe to email lists on its Gmail Android app.
Read Also: What Does Cc Mean When Sending An Email
How Do I Spot Spam E
Spammers often send emails in a way that makes them seem urgent, important, or personalized.
Good tips to spot spam emails include realizing youve never previously engaged with the sender. Another way is identifying email that is different from known product updates from a company. Always check the From address: if it does not match the companys official contact email address, its most likely a fake email.
How To Block Or Unblock An E
From time to time, we receive unwanted messages via e-mail from various sources. While spam filters continue to improve, they certainly aren’t perfect. Users may find that even after they’ve removed themselves from an e-mail listing they were subscribed to, the messages keep coming. Also, there are instances where users want to resume getting messages from a previously-blocked address. To block or unblock a specific e-mail address, select your e-mail client from the list below and follow the instructions.
If you have a different e-mail client than the ones listed below, the steps may be very similar. We suggest reading through these sections as it may answer your question.
You can unblock a sender at any time by repeating the process and selecting “Unblock” next to the sender’s name.
Read Also: Send Pictures To Email From Phone
More Great Email Resources To Help You Out
Keep in mind though, there are a number of additional problematic issues than just Spam to address that can add a ton of clutter to your inbox.
Learn the best email inbox management techniques in our new eBook: The Ultimate Guide to Inbox Zero Mastery . Get your email inbox organized quickly and you processing your most important emails like a pro.
Also, ifyou’d like to learn more about computer security, review these tutorials:
How To Flag A Message As Spam
You can flag anunwanted message as spam. Doing this helps Gmail to “learn” whattypes of emails you consider to be spam. Here’s how to flag a message as spam.
Start with yourGmail inbox open. Don’t open the suspected spam email. Instead, click thecheckbox next to the message. Then click the Report Spam icon above your messages.
The message issent to your spam folder. Your action also provides feedback for the overallGmail spam filter.
Read Also: How Do I Recover Deleted Emails From Gmail